Tuesday 11 February 2014

Making my animation

As you can see, it took a lot of separate shots to create my main animation. I started off by drawing out the body of the Red Heart using a program called MyPaint and then slowing dragging it higher onto the screen, to create the effect that it was moving upwards. I then changed aspects of the main image, the Red Heart, to create the part where it waves and walks.
Firstly, I erased the Hearts right arm and redrew it at, about, a 90 degree angle from the elbow. I then redrew this arm and had the hand up at about a 45 dregree angle. I put these two images together and repeated to create the waving animation.
Secondarly, I erased the legs and redrew the left leg at a a 45 degree angle, whilst leaving the right leg straight, and then repeating this but with the right leg at an angle and the left straight.
I wanted the Sad Heart and the Red Heart to be the same in size and limbs and so I erased the colour from the Red Heart and drew on a sad face to the white heart.
To show the Red Heart getting closer I copied both hearts onto Paint and moved the Sad Heart closer to the red by small steps. To avoid Paint saving the whole picture (with both hearts being present at all times), I print screened the image onto another Paint window and saved it there. After moving the Sad Heart closer and closer to the Red Heart I realised that I had only used the image of the Red Heart where the left leg was at an angle, and so ruining the walking animation. To fix this I opened up Paint again and replaced every other image, for the walking sequence, with the image of the Red Heart with the right leg at an angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment