Friday 29 November 2013

Plan for Ancillary tasks- Digipak

For my digipak cover, I don't want to use a picture from my music video as I don't think I could find an image that could fully represent the idea from the song and the video. Instead I will look into creating a bright front cover that is drawn on a program called My Paint, which allows for the work to look as though it has been hand drawn. I think this will be easier to use as I won't have any visible mistakes on my digipak and the images will already be computer based.
An example of a digipak style is when a single picture goes across two or more sides. This displays a large landscape image because the maker may want to send a clearer message. For example, in the digipak above it has a sunset at a beach across both sides which conveys relaxation and romance. This is because individuals usually associate a beach with a holiday or time away from working as well as films/media products representing sunsets as a event couples/young lovers watch together.
I feel that having the image on its own better creates this idea because there is no other picture to distract or create any other messages.
For my digipak I would like to have a image that spreads onto 2 or more side just because I like the look just one photo across the whole digipak. As well, I think it would allow me to show the message I want to convey in a single image.

On this digipak, there is a plain yellow cover with a bright, multicoloured inside. On the front there is what may be a logo, possibly for a band or is symbolic of the CDs content. It conveys the genre is light rock as the logo resembles a tattoo. Also the colours are not dark and grungy which shows that this is not a rock or heavy rock album. On this particular CD there is a black print of a child with a speech bubble with a love heart depicted inside. This suggests that the album is about love but perhaps more about the innocent and unconditional love that children feel, as there is a child instead of an adult on the CD. The multicoloured inside of the digipak conveys happiness as it's just a burst of colour. 
What I like about the album is that there is no artist on the front which is typical of modern digipak covers, especially with the pop genre. As I am trying to be unconventional with my type of music video, for example not having a love story and no sexual meaning behind it, I want to make an irregular digipak which suggests the message behind my video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment