Thursday 13 March 2014

Reading of my text

I believe that my music video can be interpretated in more than one way depending on the consumers age and perspective. For example the younger age range of my target audience found the fact that the Heart was chasing the Girl and didn't get straight away the intended meaning. Some of the older individuals thought that the meaning was what I intended, to love yourself and accept who you are, whereas others came to a similar conclusion, such as 'You can't run away from who you are.'
My preferred reading would be to 'accept and love yourself' however I believe that some, perhaps outside my target audience, would misread or dislike my text. An example of oppositional reading I found from interviews where that they didn't understand who the Heart was supposed to represent and so didn't understand the meaning of the video, or have any idea towards it.
I am glad that most of my target audience understood the preferred reading of my text but disappointed that it wasn't widely understood by all individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment